Connected to the Vine in Eighteen
Pastor: Joel Heron
Series: General Topics
‘CONNECTED TO THE VINE IN EIGHTEEN’
Text: James 4:7-10; John 15:5-8 (NIV)
So, humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you.
[“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.]
Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, gloom instead of joy. Humble yourselves before the LORD, and He will lift you up in honour.
There are many reasons to connect to Christ, The Vine in ‘18:
- Connected to Him, we send Satan _____________! [Jas 4:7]
- Connected to Him, we’re ____________ with God! [Jas 4:8a]
- Connected to Him, we’re spiritually ______________! [Jn 15:5]
- Connected to Him, God _____________ us! [Jas 4:10]
HOW do I connect and ________ connected to Christ?
- _____________ yourself before God. [Jas 4:7,10] [CONNECT]
- C _______________ clean. [Jas 4:8b]
- P _______________ your heart/mind. [Jas 4:8c]
- R _______________ in sorrow over your wrongs. [Jas 4:9]
- Be Christ’s ________ followers. [Jn 15:8] [STAY CONNECTED]
- Read the _______________: Yearly Bible reading plan.
- Take the next ___________! Don’t know? We can help.
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home3/axis/public_html/templates/axischurch/html/com_sermonspeaker/sermon/content.php on line 176